Skin Firming Complex - 1 fl. oz. (30 ml)
Firming and tightening skin has been a challenge, as most current options are expensive and laden with unwanted ingredients. Cosmesis Skin Care has developed Skin Firming Complex, a multi-nutrient serum that lifts and tightens skin on the face and neck area for visibly firmer, more defined, younger-looking skin.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Palmitoyl peptides support collagen synthesis.
- Helps soften the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Plant stem cell extracts promote a healthy response to ultraviolet (UV) exposure.
- Boosts adenosine triphosphate (ATP) energy for skin rejuvenation.
- Snail mucin supports skin smoothness and hydration.
- Hyaluronic acid keeps skin supple, firm, and hydrated.
- Silicates make skin tighter and firmer.
Palmitoyl peptides support collagen synthesis
Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 and palmitoyl tripeptide-1 stimulate new collagen synthesis in specialized skin cells known as fibroblasts. These peptides also attenuate the inflammatory response to UV exposure in the skin to impede the breakdown of existing collagen.1
This makes both peptides fighters against the appearance of wrinkles. In one study, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 along with another oligopeptide reduced the depth and volume of wrinkles by 15% and 18%, respectively, as well as improved skin roughness and tone after two months of daily application.2
Softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Excessive muscle contractions from everyday facial expressions like squinting, frowning, and laughing are also an underlying cause of wrinkles. Researchers have developed several peptides — including acetyl-hexapeptide-8, acetyl octapeptide-3, and pentapeptide-18 — that interfere with several steps of neurotransmitter release to relax muscle contractions and inhibit the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.3-5
In a clinical trial lasting 14 weeks, a serum containing acetyl-hexapeptide-8 and acetyl octapeptide-3 significantly improved the appearance of facial lines, facial wrinkles, eye lines, and eye wrinkles compared to baseline in participants with mild to moderate photodamaged facial skin.6 When researchers applied a cream containing pentapeptide-18 twice a day to the aging facial skin of human volunteers between the ages of 39 and 64, they observed an 11.6% reduction in the appearance of wrinkle depth.5
Healthy response to ultraviolet (UV) exposure cellular energy boost
Three plant stem-cell extracts and their specific secondary metabolites — açaí palm (ferulic acid), Quercus alba(tannic acid), and Perilla frutescens (rosmarinic acid) — stand out for their substantial pro-inflammatory response and antioxidant activity.7-9 In-vitro studies reveal that these plant stem-cell extracts and their secondary metabolites support collagen in human skin.
These same plant stem cell extracts also raise energy stores in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to boost cellular metabolism and increase collagen synthesis.7-9 Human studies show that all three plant stem-cell extracts increase the ability of aging skin to retain water, with this dynamic moisturizing effect observed just 24 hours after application.7-9
Snail mucin supports skin smoothness and hydration
Snail mucin contains superoxide dismutase (SOD), the skin's primary antioxidant defense. This novel compound increases skin matrix remodeling and assembly, and also inhibits the expression of several matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) that break down elastin and collagen. Mucin promotes dermal fibroblast survival and proliferation as well.10
These multiple mechanisms have translated into impressive skin benefits in humans. Daily application of snail mucin for three months in patients with aging facial skin reduced coarse periocular and the appearance of fine wrinkles.11
Hyaluronic acid supports skin suppleness, firmness, and hydration
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that adds volume and fullness to skin owing to its superb moisture-binding properties.12,13 When considering that it also plays a significant role in tissue rejuvenation and blood vessel formation, it becomes clear that replenishing hyaluronic acid as we age is a factor in retaining youthful skin.14
Silicates make skin tighter and firmer
A naturally occurring mineral in purified clay works to retract the skin to leave it visibly tighter and firmer. The combination of this natural tightening agent with a biopolymer operate through a similar mechanism to produce a powerful lifting and tightening effect that occurs within minutes after application.
In dermatologist test cases, over 90% of patients using this combination noticed the onset of tightening and firming skin within three to five minutes after application.15
Use Cosmesis Skin Firming Complex regularly for firmer, tighter, and more youthful looking skin!
- Available at: http://www.cir-safety.org/sites/default/files/palm_build.pdf. Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at: http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/Matrixyl3000report.pdf . Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at: https://wrinklesystem.com/laboratorydata/argireline.pdf Acessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at: http://www.cossma.com/fileadmin/all/cossma/Archiv/ProductInfo/COS1005_14_ProdSnap8.pdf . Accessed 2017 8 3.
- Available at: http://www.aromatheka.com/descargas/LEUPHASYL.pdf. Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Draelos ZD et al. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016;15(9):1100-6.
- Available at http://activeconceptsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Technical-Data-Sheet7.pdf . Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at http://activeconceptsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Technical-Data-Sheet2.pdf. Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Available at: http://activeconceptsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Technical-Data-Sheet.pdf . Accessed 2017 Aug 3.
- Brieva A et al. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2008;21(1):15-22.
- Fabio SG et al. J Drugs Dermatology. 2013 Apr;12(4):453-7.
- Kawada C et al. Nutra J. 2014 Jul 11;13:70.
- Brown TJ et al. J Invest Dermatology. 1999 Nov;113(5):740-6.
- Papakonstantinou E et al. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):253-8.
- Clinical case histories provided by Gary Goldfaden, MD. July 28, 2017.
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.|